CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

A fresh start


Emma has been observing as I attempt to get some things organized in our "play room," which triples as the computer and main TV room. It's technically our dining room, but it's been converted to this space because it's conveniently by the stairs to go up to the bedrooms, and it's also directly off the kitchen. Our dining room table fits nicely in our kitchen, so we basically gained a room. It is jammed packed full of stuff. Two computer desks, two desktop computers, a giant file cabinet which holds our giant printer, a big comfy chair, a cedar chest holding our TV, a toy shelf, and book shelf, you name it, it's in here. Along with the big furniture in the tiny room, this room is the "catch-all" for everything that comes into this house. I am terrible about finding a home for things, as well as putting things away that have homes. I think that only things in this room that actually have a place are all of Emma's toys. The grown up stuff took a back seat in here. The drawers are packed full of who-knows-what, with no order what-so-ever. So far I've organized and tossed everything from one side of the room. Emma got antsy though and would no longer happily stay in her exersaucer, so here I am wasting some time before moving on to the next desk. It shouldn't take too long, considering I'm pretty sure most of it is garbage :). That's my update for today. After all of this, I am taking it easy and making easy peasy pasta tonight!

0 comments: