CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Today's the day...


As of today, I have now become not only a full time mother and part time student, but I added a job into the mix. I got a hostessing job at a restaraunt called "Silverado" in Annendale. I've been itching to work, at least a little bit, for some time now. I worked from the time I was 14 to the time I found out I was pregnant. A part of me seems to really need to have that kind of commitment. Although I'll only be working 2 days a week, this will be my second job - technically speaking. I've been working at my church as the sole nursery caregiver for a few months. I decided to keep that job since I've been working really hard to revamp the nursery for the kids. It desperately needs cleaning, sorting, and tossing. I really want to make it a place that all kids feel free to play, and where parents can feel safe leaving their children. I, for one, never wanted to put Emma down to play in there. The place hasn't been really cleaned in a long long time, and there are many toys in there not fit for children with a tendancy to eat everything they see. It's not the type of place our church needs. With that said, I plan to continue working there for the little cash that provides, and add this new job on top of it. The money is really the issue. While we have plenty of cash to survive somewhat comfortably, I have felt that we need more money going into savings for things such as vacations, Christmas shopping, and unexpected expenses. I am hoping to feel more comfortable with our financial situation with that few extra bucks every few weeks.

0 comments: