CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

School Girl


Ah, college, how I love thee... or, not.
I'm not sure what possessed me to take a computer class during the summer semester, since I'm one of the most computer illiterate people alive. I can do the basics, using social utilities, and forums. Other than that, I'm no good. I probably good have handled the workload for this class just fine had I taken it during a regular semester time (16 weeks, I think) instead of a 6 week condensed class. I really thought it would be an "easy A." Boy was I wrong. It's not so much that the class is hard, sure, it's hard to understand for me at times, it's just the sheer workload that must be completed on my own time. I have no idea how people with full time jobs are getting this stuff done! I'm still behind, but luckily the teacher seems to be pretty relaxed about it, as long as you get it up fairly soon after it is due. I have a bunch of catching up to do between now and next Monday, the next class session. Luckily that's plenty of time. I have two more in class sessions left, plus the final exam which is taken at home the following Monday. I'm so thrilled this will be over with soon. Next semester I'll be taking English; College Composition II, and Intro to Cultural Geography, People & the Land. Those classes are only one day a week each, and I'm sure will be lots of work as well, but at least I have an entire "real" semester to do the work! I never thought I'd be wishing for a longer class. I must be growing up.

0 comments: