CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

After all that talk...

about getting the job at Silverado, I've decided to take a different job. And yes, AFTER I spent all that money on clothing for Silverado, and have since lost the tags and receipts. It's a good thing I like the stuff I bought, so it isn't a complete waste. The day before I was to begin training for Silverado, I was offered another job. This job is for a desk clerk at my old apartment building. Let's weigh the pro's and con's here.
SILVERADO:
Pros - it's not a desk job
it wouldn't be nearly as boring
Cons - 30 minute drive to work
30 minutes drive HOME from work
gas prices, gas prices, gas prices!
It pays $1 less per hour
Training would have taken a long time to complete
DESK JOB:
Pros - 2 minute walk from my house
I already know the building and some of the people since I lived in the building for a few years
no gas used at all to get to and from work!
It pays $1 more per hour than Silverado
Training will only take one total shift before I'm on my own
My daughter can visit me periodically while on walks with grandma ;)
I'll be able to work on my homework during slow periods.
Cons - It's a desk job and will probably be a little boring at times. That's it.

Seems like a no-brainer right? Well, that's how I made the decision to call Silverado and appologize for such short notice on not being able to work for them. Too bad, so sad. At least it's not a place I ever go to eat, so I don't have to worry about getty snooty looks for being the girl that wasted everyone's time.

0 comments: